Guitar Riffs Music Guitar Riffs Music RiffZoo: I'm Back!
Google

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm Back!

Hello everyone, after a long hiatus, I'm back. You see, I came to a point where I felt that I said what I had to say about the state of guitar playing, but that's now over a year ago. Over the past few months, more than ever I've felt myself contemplating the days of yore, and specifically the guitar music of yore....reaching for something I guess, for the days when people played.

OK, I may be living in the past, but that was great stuff - 70's classic guitar. Found myself listening to Pat Travers Heat in the Street the other day, specifically the playing of Pat Thrall. A real shredder, you have to check out the stuff he did with Glenn Hughes in Hughes/Thrall, especially the track Muscle and Blood.

And picture this scene, a 47 year old guy (yeah, me) driving around with Robin Trower Live blasting in my car. Few have a better vibrato.

Checked out Paul Kossoff again too... talk about vibrato.

So, let's get the discussion going again, and talk guitar. Any takers?

Chime in guys...

2 Comments:

Blogger Stratoblogster said...

Where the hell have you been ?!

I even removed you from my blog roll out of respect for your next of kin!

So anyway, how about Pat Thrall with Automatic Man-- the big Trower riffage he does in the tune "My Pearl". That's the stuff.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Stratoblogster said...

Oh yeah, Michael Schenker's vibrato changed the face of metal.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home